Membership with MTNA does more than simply complement your career as a music professional—it supports, supplements and shapes it. It empowers music teachers nationwide to become better educators through networking, leadership, mentoring and educational opportunities.
Membership in the OU MTNA Collegiate Chapter is open to all music students at the University of Oklahoma. In order to join our organization, you must become a member of the state and national affiliates. Members of OU MTNA Collegiate Chapter pay chapter dues ($10), state dues ($20), and national dues ($19). Chapter dues should be submitted directly to the chapter secretary in the form of cash or check made out to “OU MTNA”. State and national dues will be submitted with your online application (click “apply now” button at bottom of this page).
Benefits of Membership:
Discounts and Resources
- Discounts on conferences, competitions, office supplies, etc.
- Personal and professional insurance
- Investment services and legal consultation
- Networking and support
- Annual OMTA and MTNA conferences
- Seminars and webinars
- National Certification (OMTA will cover 50% of the certification fee)
- Grants and Awards through the MTNA Foundation Fund
- American Music Teacher magazine
- MTNA e-Journal